In accordance with advice by the Australian Government Department of Health and Racing New South Wales in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19), we advise that tomorrow’s race meeting at Hawkesbury Race Club will be conducted as a closed meeting. Members of the public and owners will not be permitted on-course at any time.
The decision takes into consideration the announcement by the Federal Government that non-essential gatherings of more than 500 people are not permitted from Monday, 16 March. Hawkesbury Race Club meetings from 16 March until otherwise advised including thoroughbred race meetings, barrier trials and trackwork (including access to licensed training stables) will not be open to the public (including owners), effective immediately and until further notice.
Attendance will only be provided to essential personnel, which on raceday is restricted to the following:
• Racing NSW Stewards and Veterinarians
• Trainers, Jockeys and Stablehands with a runner at the race meeting
• Barrier Attendants, Starters and essential Track Staff
• Clerks of the Course
• Judges and Sectional Timing Teams
• Weighing Room Staff and Jockeys Attendants
• Raceday Event Staff and security including horse stalls, mounting yards and float carpark
• Club Doctor and Ambulance Services
• Farriers and other essential service providers approved by Racing NSW and the Race Club
• Broadcast services including Race Caller
• Restricted Core Racing Media as approved by Racing NSW and the Race Club
• Restricted operational Race Club staff and management
No on-course wagering facilities will be available and essential personnel will be required to leave the racecourse after their horses have run.
Access will not be permitted to any essential personnel that:
• Is suffering from coronavirus symptoms or is otherwise unwell;
• Has been to a country considered at higher risk of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, currently mainland China, Iran, Italy and South Korea;
• Is subject to self-isolation requirements imposed by the Government; or
• Has been in close contact with a person suspected or confirmed to have coronavirus.
Further, if any essential personnel is in a high-risk group such as older people or people with underlying illnesses that make them more vulnerable to respiratory disease, including those with diabetes, chronic lung disease, kidney failure and people with suppressed immune systems, that person should not attend race meetings, barrier trials or trackwork (including accessing licensed training stables).
Hawkesbury Race Club has implemented additional health and safety measures for any person who attends Hawkesbury Race Club at any time, will be provided additional hand sanitisers and hand washing facilities.
Those permitted to attend Hawkesbury Race Club are asked to please maintain a good level of hygiene, including washing and sanitising their hands and coughing/sneezing into their elbows.
Any permitted attendee who is unwell is encouraged not to attend Hawkesbury Race Club and to report cases of fever, coughing or other flu-like symptoms to their doctor.
All bookings and tickets sold for tomorrow’s race meeting will be fully refunded or offered a credit.
For further information please contact the club directly on (02) 4577 2263
or via email at email@example.com