POSITION DESCRIPTION–Marketing and Communications Coordinator
1. Overall Purpose of Position
The Marketing Co-ordinator is responsible for the delivery of a variety of administrative functions relating to marketing and promotional aspects of the club, having a strong racing and social media focus. These functions include, but are not limited to:
- Providing high level administrative and operational support to the Business Manager, Operations Manager and Chief Executive.
- Assisting in the development of marketing & communication strategies to increase sponsorship, membership, race day attendance and motel occupancy.
- The taking of race day bookings and smooth delivery of race day service to sponsors and guests.
- General office administrative duties as required, relating to preparation of race days and barrier trials.
- Other general duties as could be reasonably expected in this role.
- This role reports to the Business Manager, or to whom the CEO gives delegated authority.
2. Key Actions and Activities
Raceday Duties Include:
- Liaise with clients on various levels to arrange their race day requirements.
- Greet sponsors and guests and ensure smooth delivery of all packages.
- Hosts sponsors on race day in accordance with contractual agreements.
- Attendance at all HRC race meetings, unless mutually agreed with CEO.
- Actively promote club’s activities on race day with updating of social media, including Twitter and Facebook.
Non-Raceday Duties include:
- Actively promote club’s activities through use and updating of website, social media, including Twitter, Facebook, and traditional channels.
- Support large campaign creative developments. Handling the liaison with our advertising agency on all content.
- Artwork & graphic coordination.
- Takes enquiries, provides pricing and takes bookings for race day functions whilst adhering to agreed race day packages.
- Forward all relevant function information to Events and Administration Co-ordinator.
- Ensure all race day bookings are paid for in a timely manner.
- Manage and co-ordinate all the external event suppliers including marquee and equipment providers.
- Be responsible for showing all prospective customers the facilities, packages etc.
- Oversee the race day acceptances process in conjunction with Racing NSW.
- Horse Stall allocation on race day
- Race book preparation of ads and associated information
- Sign off of race meeting in accordance with Racing NSW requirements
- Assists in the development of promotional kits and information packs detailing function packages and costs, including enhancement of race day motel packages in conjunction with Motel manager.
- Responsible for all design, printing, preparation and distribution of sponsor’s complimentary/luncheon tickets
- Liaison with clients regarding requirements eg. advertising
General Administrative Duties:
Develop marketing & communication strategies to increase raceday attendance through collation of databases.
- Liaise with Events Co-ordinator to coordinate the delivery of a regular Members Newsletter to the Clubs membership data base.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct reply to email enquiries.
- Arrangements of race day run sheets for requirements to all management.
- Answering Phone/general enquiries
- Front Reception duties as required
- Mailing and Banking
- Stationery orders
- General Meetings:typing, binding, completing annual registrations, as required
3. Position Deliverables
- Ensure race day and non race day client satisfaction.
- Maintain high reputation as conference and event facility
- Increased following on Social Media
- Maintaining repeat business and growing sales
4. Knowledge and Skills Required (To effectively perform in the role the position holder must have the following skills, experience, qualifications)
- An interest and/or understanding of the racing industry is essential.
- Outcome oriented, a desire to make a difference.
- Experience in a customer focused environment.
- Creativity and attention to detail.
- Superior organisational and planning skills.
- An ability to implement and monitor multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated capacity in management of confidential information.
- Exceptional computer skills including demonstrated competency with Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and other similar office software, including graphic design.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which facilitate a positive image of the Club and contribute to a team environment.
- Ability to build professional business relations internally and externally to grow results.
5. Working Relationships
Business Manager and Chief Executive
Most Frequent Contacts:
- Business Manager and Chief Executive Officer (Internal)
- All club Staff (Internal)
- Race day sponsors and clients (External)
- Service providers and contractors(External
To apply, please email your application together with your CV to Greg Rudolph CEO - email@example.com.
Applications close at 5.00pm Tuesday 6th June 2017.