NOW HIRING - APPRENTICE SPORTS TURF MANAGEMENT / GREENKEEPER Cert III
4 Year Apprenticeship- Hawkesbury Race Club
- Looking for career and not just a job
- Learn while you earn
- Unique Career Opportunity
Racing NSW is responsible for the leadership and regulation of thoroughbred horse racing in NSW including the provision of services for the training of apprentice and trainees in this state.
An excellent opportunity has arisen to gain a 4 year Apprenticeship in Cert III Apprentice Sports Turf Management & Greenkeeper with Racing NSW, based at Hawkesbury Race Club. The successful applicant will be part of a team focused on improving and managing racecourse surfaces, training tracks and facilities throughout NSW.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a person passionate about turf management and green keeping. An understanding of the Australian racing industry is an advantage, though not essential.
This position will be based at Hawkesbury Race Club, Clarendon, NSW, on the north- west fringe of Sydney. The salary package is based on experience.
To be successful in this role you:
- are vibrant, innovative and self-motivated
- have a strong work ethic and the ability to work on weekends as required
- participate in ongoing learning and be willing to learn new skills and techniques
- have good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- prepared to work with diverse range of individuals and groups
- current driver’s license
To learn in a 4-year apprenticeship all facets of sports turf management and racecourse curator
- Establish and implement a grassed area maintenance program
- Control weeds, plant pests, diseases and disorders
- Construct turf racing surfaces
- Install irrigation systems
- Contribute to WHS processes
- Operate machinery and equipment
- Implement a plant nutrition program
- Provide information on plants and their culture
- Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
Interested? Then we're keen to hear from you.
Successful applicants will be part of a team focused on improving and managing racecourse surfaces, training tracks and facilities throughout NSW.
The four-year apprenticeships cover all facets of sports turf management and becoming a racecourse curator.
To apply, please email your application/cover letter together with your resume, quoting "App Position-Hawkesbury Race Club" to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday, 31st August,2018.
For further enquiries contact David Hodgson on 0400-088-844. Your interest will be treated in strict confidence.
NOW HIRING - CASUAL HOUSEKEEPER
WE ARE HIRING!
CASUAL HOUSEKEEPER WANTED
We are currently seeking a casual housekeeper to join our dedicated team here at Hawkesbury Race Club Motel.
Successful candidates must be flexible in their approach to availability, including weekend work, possess excellent and professional communication skills and have a commitment to respecting the value of our guests and their privacy.
Previous experience in a similar role is preferred but not essential.
Applications close Thursday 23 August.